Who is Logistics Providers?
A third party outsourcing logistics provider is a company that provides services to their customers along with their excellent knowledge in logistics and management. These logistics providers make it easy for businesses to focus on their productivity and dealings without worrying about the transportation of goods or distribution. They will be in charge of warehouses, transportation of goods, and operation to keep businesses tension free.
Equity Logistics is a Melbourne logistics company that provides all types of freight solutions to businesses. Their services include Interstate & Local Road Transport, Warehousing, Inventory Control, Just-In-Time Delivery (JIT), Point To Point Courier, Time Slot Pick-ups/Deliveries, Distribution, Container Freight, Over Dimensional Freight, and Heavy Haulage. They have different clients like manufacturers, wholesalers, importers, distributors, retail, international forwarding agents and apparel, etc. they have transport and logistics services all over Australia for anything and anywhere.
Benefits of Logistics Services
- It reduces the overall logistics cost. Both the business and logistics company come down to a negotiated price which bearable by both parties.
- When you do business with 3PL, you don’t have to rent or buy a warehouse, systems, and buildings. The cost of doing business with 3PL is shared across many clients, but the infrastructure cost remains the 3PL.
- The core job of 3PL is to manage the transport system and logistics for any company, this means all their software and systems for warehouse ad transportation will be updated. This helps you in avoiding the investment in programming, maintenance, and software purchases.
- It saves you the cost of hiring drivers, buying heavily loaded vehicles, maintaining equipment and vehicle, and managing the safety of employees and goods.
- 3PLs can get lower operating costs on every load and they provide substantial discounts to the businesses.
- When you have to deliver goods in different locations, you have to send multiple vehicles which costs money. However, 3PL will consolidate loads in one truck and save 25% of your money.
- When dealing with 3PL, you don’t have to worry about worker or driver’s compensation, physical damages, and liabilities related to any incident.
- It is difficult to keep space in the inventory building and align workers for distribution. However, the core job of 3PL is logistics, therefore they have sufficient internal space and labour.
- It takes time to build your distribution system in a new market. Whereas, the 3PL can bring inventory, interface with your system and prepare the shipment in 30-60 days.
- Many 3PL have a national and global network which helps businesses to expand their network with variable cost.
- As a business, you may have limited vehicles for shipment, but 3PLs always have brokers and different shipping partners who also provide services during crucial times.
- 3PLs have a dedicated team of works and engineers who provide real-time information of any business. This helps in proper and improved planning and as a business, you’re able to keep your end customers informed.
Supply chain management is a tough job that cannot be delayed or ignored. It can improve or spoil a B2B relation. Instead of investing money, time, and people on developing an expert logistic team, invests in a third party logistic company.